Knife safety and helping to prevent cuts to your person.
I will go over different grinds and what is best for the job, and show how they work.
Hands on building of your skills will be practiced by
Carving notches for camp projects that can be handy for many uses.
Carving primitive traps, snare and deadfall.
Batoning wood for fire making, and honing your skills to make fine shavings for fire making.
According on the class and time, there may be more areas covered as well.
GEAR REQUIRED (not provided)
NO FOLDING BLADES PLEASE.
1) One knife with at least a 5 inch blade or longer, and full tang is required. You can bring other knives of your choice as well, to see how each performs with each task.
2) A folding saw or bucksaw.
3) Roll of Mason twine or 50’Paracord.
4) Leather Gloves.
Contact me for REGISTRATION.
This Survival Weekend Adventure Course will start on friday evening. There will be a meet and greet and camp set up, You will camp out in the forest that night. The next morning, you will put away all your convenience gear, and replace it with a minimal survival kit. That day i shall train you, using the gear to teach you skills, to survive Saturday night. You will experience what it feels like to sleep in a survival shelter in the forest. Knowing how it feels and the benefits of how it can save your life if needed, or for camping, can help with mental attitudeand keeping a positive attitude. The next morning we will learn signalling and create various ways to get attention or rescued. This weekend adventure could grow you to the next level, in your outdoor experience and safety. If this is something that interests you contact me, when i have 4 people booked, then i shall set a date
Survival Weekend Adventure Course
Cost $300/ person
1) Leather Gloves
2) Folding or Buck saw, 4″ blade minimal FULL TANG, fixed blade knife. Larger knives can do more than shorter knives, i prefer 6″ to 8″ blade length, for all around use.
3) Food and Water for the weekend, also a way to cook if needed.
4) Extra clothing, rain gear, extra footwear
5) Gear needed for your camp out friday night, tent or hammock, sleeping bag, sleep pads, ETC. Saturday night you will sleep in the shleter you create during the course.
6) I will provide the gear needed for the course and camping out Saturday night.